The week before the CINEXPO 2011 arrive, I got so preoccupied by Remington’s indie flick I totally forgot the once-i’ve-heard film making seminar which would be conducted by 2 giants in the Philippine cinema industry – Star Cinema & SM Cinema, which they call Anatomy of Film Making.
The Anatomy of Film making is a 3-day congress designed to provide film students and film enthusiasts the whats and the whys of film production starting off with the current state of local film industry, film appreciation, concept development and scripting, production proper up to promotions and digital marketing.
I was so unlucky that I was so so too much ever late (parang gago lang) to register, since they have began accepting names 2 weeks before hand. However, one of my co-advertising studs was able to get there and witness the 3-day seminar – meet Alfred Flores. Like me, Alfred is an audio-visual enthusiast who’s into photography, film and digital arts. A shiftee from Department of Accountancy, he’s also a self-proclaimed ramp model in the academic environment. I took the chance of his fresh feedback from the event, giving him 10 questions to answer regarding his entire Cinexpo experience.
1. How did you learn about Cinexpo 2011?
- Napanuod ko sa cable, haha tapos mga freinds ko sinabi din sakin baka daw interested ako.
2. Are you really interested in film-making upon joining the event or just curious about it, or a passion?
3. Who came with you? Have you met new friends, from where?
- Solo flight. Wala akong nakilala. Pero may ibang taga PUP pero konti lang kami, ang madami UST, La salle lipa at UP.
4. What is the best thing in Cinexpo?
- The best part yung talk ni direk Olivia Lamasan. Very inspiring kasi talagang nagsimula sya ng walang alam. Di sya nagaral ng kahit ano for film, pero still gumawa sya ng paraan para magawa ng maayos yung work nya, and lagi nya sinasabi na always come prepared and do your assignment.
5. One you’ve learned from the event that haven’t heard before.
- Yung di kailangan yung may alam ka na agad na marami technical side para maging isang filmmaker. Matututunan naman yun and kung nag-aaral ka naman sa flim school, iba pa rin daw ung sa mismong film making na, film making is a continuous learning, dapat alam mo ang nangyayari sa paligid mo, at kung anong kailangan ng tao, movie making ay para sa tao di lang sayo and last, “you should be a good story teller”. Ilang beses kong narinig yan sa mga speakers.
6. How’s the lootbag/s? =)
- Okay yung laman. Madami galing sa Pascual Lab.
7. Which part if your favorite? Something you think you can always remember.
- Favorite part ko pag yung talk na, specially, Director, Editor, DOP, and Promotion’s talk. Very interesting din yung Digital Brand Management talk, kasi parang pwede syang gamitin sa Advertising.
- Bukod sa di ko pagdadala ng SLR, hahaha… isa ko pang regret is yung na late ako nung 2nd day, at di ko naabutan yung script writer’s talk. Pero di naman ganun ka-regret kasi di naman ako masyadong interested sa script writing.
9. Are you joining next time?
- Yes! gusto ko sumali ulit next year. =D
PS: Alfred is also a planking jejemon. =)